Monday, June 2, 2008

Bees


I can't even begin to ask Connor to take a picture deplicting this moment. He will already have nightmares tonight so I can't ask him to relive it. If you don't know this already, Connor has severe anaphylaxis to beestings. So does his Daddy. SO, you will need to do your own little visual on this one.

Setting: Kroger gas station, Connor and Casey sit in car while I get out to fill car up.

Conversation: Me:It's hot guys so I'm gonna roll down the window while I get gas.
Kids: Okay
2 minutes later: Connor screams bloody murder, opens door to car and proceeds to eject himself out of the car with the seatbelt still on. He's still screaming bloody murder as I unravel him from the belt, move him away from the car and rescue Casey (who started screaming her ass off when Connor reacted).
Problem: There's a wasp in the car
Solution: I shoo him out with a croc, calmly tell all 15 people who ran over to my car that everything is okay. Please don't call 911. We are okay, really (Connor and Casey sobbing in the background) Really! We are okay. None of them looked convinced. I eventually talked Connor and Casey into getting back into the car.

It wasn't funny, but the last time I know anyone trying to eject themselves from a car with the seatbelt still on was Me.....on the way home from Blake's class reunion because I needed to get sick (obviously drunk).

1 comment:

The Girl You Used to Know said...

it is a day for baby drama...see my blog soon.

Hey! I recall the night of your reunion...hmmmmm, vaguely. You guys are REALLY a bad influence on me. It's starting to be a pattern.