Monday, July 28, 2008

100

Brace yourself Stinkydog. This post is #100 for me! Woo hoo! I know it's not very exciting since Lee just recently celebrated 1000. BUT I have a lot to do. A lotta nothin'. Ha. Actually, I have nothing to post today. The kids and I survived last week in Branson, barely. I will spare you the details because my voice escalates and I begin to shake as I describe what we had to go through. I will simply say that I will never take part in any trip or event that requires me to be around anyone else's children, but my own, for more than 24hours. It's just safer that way. You know so you keep your own sanity and all. Not all kids are bad though, I took my niece to Austin last year and she was very helpful and actually fun, once she talked. It's funny how we don't really know our own families until we get stuck in a car for 8 hours with them or are forced to stay in a room with them for 3 days. As much as I love my family I am happy that we are going to the beach next week, alone. I can't wait too, it's been 3 years since we went to the beach. I need a good book to read while I'm there. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Stinkydog said...

Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris--it's the beginning of a whole series--I love them. She lives Arkansas, too. This is the one I've mentioned on SD before--they're making the HBO series "True Blood" based on these books.

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I just finished Emily Giffin's LOVE THE ONE YOUR WITH and it was amazing.

The Girl You Used to Know said...

that would be 'YOU'RE' WITH. LOL

Robyn said...

I'll probably do both. We're there 6 days. I can read that fast, really.