Thursday, June 5, 2008

June 5th or "June De Fifth"

I should have posted this earlier. But hey, it's clinic day which means I'm on my feet all day dealing with 30 something heart patients in clinic, either setting up surgery or explaining why they still feel like shit 3 weeks later. BUT, today is a special day for a few close to me.

First, today, Aunt Mary Sue (Blake's side of the family) turned 79. She's on of my FIL oldest living sisters and the first to say that she knew I belonged in the family the first time she met me (heh, I bet they all regret that. JK!) Anyway, she and Sam would love each other. She has never ate a processed food. Everything is home-grown and made from scratch. When she used to keep Connor and Casey as babies she would feed them homemade soup that was pureed into babyfood until I told her she could feed them regular food. Even then it was fresh fruit from the garden, etc. She has a special place in my heart. She reminds me of our Aunt Genevieve, but I just know Mary Sue so much better. The kids called her today and sang Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs. She laughed and then talked to Blake a while. Happy Birthday Mary Sue! No one will top your cinnamon rolls (a secret recipe)!!!!

Next, my friend Kari met her husband on this day many years ago (obviously toooo many for me to remember). She had met him in the ER at BMC after hurting her arm in a horse riding accident. Kari remembered him and knew I worked at the same hospital. It wasn't long before Kari and I were sitting around (obviously drinking) and Kari and I called the hospital and asked for this guy. She froze when he got on the phone and asked her name. It was June the 5th. So she freaked and said her name was (in a french tone) 'June De Fifth'. Needless to say they met later and he fell for her and her craziness. They got married a year later and are still married. I heard from him yesterday. Still good and crazy after all these years! Happy Anniversary guys!

Finally, my boss turned 51 today. I've worked for him almost 7 years. He's very stuffy, so needless to say he was not happy when I texted him that 'I wouldn't embarrass him' today. It was fun to watch him shake in his boots all day. He's good to me, but needs a little shaking up every now and then. HAHA! Happy Birthday to the biggest nerd I know, even bigger than Stinkydog! JK!

2 comments:

Older not wiser said...

You do realize that the man you mentioned might have something to do with raises or lack of raises?I'm sure you really meant nerd as a compliment.

Robyn said...

Oh nerd IS a compliment to him. And if you ever saw him type you'd know he's NOT comouter literate, besides, I keep him in the OR so he can't learn or look at this stuff!