Monday, December 29, 2008

My Marley review

So I took Casey to see Marley and Me this weekend. Oh gawwd, not a dry eye in the house. I don't remember the last movie that made me cry like this. If you love dogs (which I know you do) and have ever had one for more than 10 years (which I think some of you have) you will bawl. The whole movie was good. I love Owen Wilson. Jennifer Aniston, she's okay. But the entire story about the dog and how the dog belonged to the family was great. The end killed me. It's no secret the dog dies, but how is a mystery if you haven't read the book. I will just say the words the vet said and how it happened is exactly what I went through with my Sukibear. I had no shame crying like that in a movie. It's not for little kids, but Casey handled it well. I was worried it was going to stir up some old feelings she had for a certain other dog she had a meltdown about, but I think it helped her a little. Go see it, but not without a purse full of kleenex. I didn't think I would react the way I did, but it was worth it. Especially the part about Marley liking mango's.

No comments: